Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Theme Day - Landmarks

click on photos to enlarge
Lord Botetourt High School . 1435 Roanoke Road . Daleville

Ashlyn was home for the day from JMU. I took her out to lunch and was telling her I needed a landmark photo for the theme. "Think of a landmark in Botetourt" I kept telling her and we drove past the high school...I said "You know what, I'm just going to use LB (short for Lord Botetourt High) since that's a pretty big landmark for the area." She thought it would work as well. She graduated there in 2012 and Christian will in 2015...then the twins in a few short years...to see landmarks from all over the world visit City Daily Photo

Friday night we went to LB's football game. The boys dressed up as:

And about that give-a-way from yesterday...the winner is Marie from A Colorful World ...Yay Marie!! Thank you so much to all the people who entered! I'm looking forward to hosting another give-a-way real soon, that was fun!

19 comments:

  1. congrats to marie! and i'm certain the high school is a landmark for lots of folks who attend and gradulate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good landmark to me! A place in the USA named after an English Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That overcast sky looks familiar.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you captured the buildings of LB High School with the tree to the right in autumn finery and the grey skies above!

    I also love your header, very witty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dark sky in the first shot. Second shot was just to scary to look at for to long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HSs are very important landmarks. Love the sky in this one.
    btw Had never heard of 'fire crotch'. I've never seen ugly, natural hair of any color. However, I have seen great ugliness when gals and guys 'throw the color' at it. Is purple really attractive? What kind of crotch would that be 'blueberry'?
    Oh well, I'm off track here. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice and for sure a landmark!

    Yes, I'm back. It is has been lovely having a blogging break. Really appreciate how much work you all put into your blogs. However do you find the time? Anyway, I'll get to work. Fun catching up with your shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a landmark for you! The boys look appropriately ghoulish for a Hallowe'en football game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boys look like they just came from the Thriller video! The school looks like the ones here, long and low.

    ReplyDelete
  10. High schools are definitely landmarks! Your twin boys look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The high school is a big part of your family's lives. We still live about a mile from the one our son went to. We pass it every time we go into town. Congratulations to Marie, she's a sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes, high schools are definitely landmarks around here too. Our county (Campbell) is grappling with whether or not to consolidate 4 high schools into 2. It's very controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real pair of 'jokers'!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice landmark! The boys look cool. :-) I am excited about my win!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)