Followers

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weekend Reflections - Back to the Candy Store

(click on photo to enlarge)
The Candy Store. 122 Campbell Ave. SE. Roanoke, Va 24011. P: 540.904.5580

A trip downtown last weekend meant another visit to The Candy Store. I always love those skinny chickens so of course I had to take a pic. Some of you might remember the display from last month with the pink flamingos HERE. I hope they don't think I'm a stalker, 2 posts of their windows in the span of a couple of weeks, but hey, how can I resist such a cute window display?! And there go my boys right into the store, no hesitation. They are almost like the "Where's Waldo" on my blog. They are usually the ones walking in a door while I stand outside to get a picture haha.

Linking with Weekend Reflections

The boys have baseball practice later today. Looks pretty out for it. Maybe I'll snap some shots. Christian is supposed to be going prom dress shopping with his girlfriend. Hope she's not half as bad as Ashlyn when it comes to dress shopping, for Christian's sake lol....have a great day!

26 comments:

  1. Jelly beans, please. And a handful of Mikes and Ikes. hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love their window displays! keep 'em coming, stalker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the skinny chicken shot with your blue socked boys :-) prom dressing shopping with a girlfriend-too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute store front display- love the skinny chicken...and yea, my grands would already be at the counter choosing candies while I adjusted the lens on my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't make too many trips to a candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange they would have those chickens on the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, this looks suspiciously like the perfect excuse to go back to the candy store. Who can resist all those sweet treats? Not you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes.

    There's another shop up here... I don't know how large a chain it is, but they have three stores that I know of, called the Nutty Chocolatier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's prom time again soon. I'm so forgetful of it, even thought it has been only a couple of years since i finished high school :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The boy goes with the girl to pick out a prom dress? This is a change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't even know that store existed. I really should get downtown more than once every 20 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny chicken! Not sure what it has to do with candy though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always feel a little like a stalker when I take a photo of a shop, but these displays really just need to be photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun window. I hope you found some goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'd be heading in the door with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect reflection! I'd actually refrain from going in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I love this! Haha. Looks like such a fun store. Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember your last post. I have to admit I do like the skinny chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor skinny chicken - don't see them in this part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the chicken! Let us know how the prom dress shopping turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny skinny chicken! What an interesting mascot for a candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  22. «Louis» is laughing over that chicken, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rubber chickens -- yes! Good luck to Christian and the dress shopping. Glad it's him and not me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)